July 7, 2012

Pizza Balls

These are so easy! I made them in an effort to take my lunch to work more often (instead of eating pretzels while I sit at my desk). The best part is, they are easily adaptable. I made mine with pepperoni and cheese, but you could easily make them vegetarian, sausage, etc. These would be great for kids, at a football party or any party really :)








Pizza Balls
makes appx 12

Ingredients

1 can of refrigerated pizza dough
8 oz mozzarella cheese (I cut a 1 lb. block into 32 pieces)
Pepperoni
Italian seasoning (optional)
Olive oil
Dipping sauce (tomato, ranch, etc)

Directions

1. Unroll the can of pizza dough and use a rolling pin to roll it very thin. (You don't have to do this, but I did to avoid have too much crust around the filling).

2. Using a biscuit cutter/cup/small tupperware, cut out as many circles of dough as you can.

3. Place a cube of cheese and whatever filling you like inside the dough.

4. Pinch the dough around the filling, being sure not to leave any openings so the filling doesn't leak out.

5. Place pizza balls in a pie plate that has been sprayed with cooking spray.

6. Spray the dough lightly with cooking spray and sprinkle with italian seasoning.

7. Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown on top.

8. Serve with dipping sauce. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment