July 15, 2012

Hawaiian Ham Sandwiches

    My friend Jace came to visit this weekend and I wanted him to meet some of my favorite people in Dallas, so we had a pool party at my friend's apartment. Obviously I was bringing food and I had seen these sandwiches on Pinterest and thought this would make the perfect pool party food. I was right. These things are INSANELY good. Make them for your next party and I promise you they will be the first things gone. Well, not promise, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were the first things gone :)

I stole this picture from this blog because I forgot to take a picture
in my excitement at being surrounded by some of the greatest people!

Hawaiian Ham Sandwiches
Makes 24 sandwiches

24 Hawaiian sweet rolls
1 lb thinly sliced deli ham
12 slices of Swiss cheese
Poppy seeds
1 stick (1/2 c.) butter, melted
2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
2 Tbsp. minced dried onion

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Cut the rolls in half, keeping each half in one piece if possible
  3. Line a 13x9 pan with aluminum foil and place the bottom rolls in the pan.
  4. Layer the ham and then cheese on top of the rolls. Sprinkle poppy seeds over the cheese. Place the tops of the rolls on top of the sandwiches.
  5. Combine the melted butter, Dijon mustard and dried onion in a bowl and mix well.
  6. Pour the butter mixture over the tops of the rolls and cover with foil.
  7. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
  8. Cut the rolls apart and serve.


NOTE: These are the rolls I used and you can find them in the bread isle (or sometimes in the bakery deparatment) at almost any grocery store or Wal-Mart.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment