June 25, 2012

Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies

There is a deli in Oklahoma City that made THE best peanut butter cookies I've ever had. City Bitees *shout out*. I've tried lots of peanut butter cookie recipes over the years and I never found one that came close to City Bites'.... until now.



Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies
makes 12 large cookies

Ingredients:
1 stick unsalted butter, room temp
1/2 c. smooth peanut butter
1/2 c. dark brown sugar, packed
1/2 c. granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. bread flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2/3 honey-roasted peanuts, roughly chopped

NOTE:
* I only had unsalted peanuts in my pantry, so that's what I used in the cookie. I firmly believe honey-roasted peanuts would be INSANELY good in this recipe. Next time I make these I will be using honey-roasted peanuts.
Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 375. Cream the butter and peanut butter on medium high for 1 minute.
2. Add sugars and beat at med-high for another minute. Add egg, ,and mix until smooth.
3. Add flour, baking soda and salt on low speed until thoroughly combined. Mix in peanuts (the dough will be quite soft). Chill dough for 15-20 minutes.
 4. Drop the dough onto a lined baking sheet (whatever method you prefer to keep cookies from sticking is fine). I used my 2 oz. cookie scoop. Slighty flatten the cookie on the sheet (they spread quite a bit) and sprinkle a few peanuts on top (optional).
5. Bake for 8-11 minutes until edges are barely golden brown. For a crispier cookie, allow the entire cookie to brown. Let cookies cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes and then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment