March 31, 2013

Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

For the last two weeks I have been 75% successful at eating "clean" and healthy.  I had a few bad days in there, but I'm starting again tomorrow. My mom made these when I was at her house in Oklahoma 2 weeks ago and they. are. great. These cookies have only THREE ingredients: ripe bananas, quick oats and chocolate chips. These are a healthy way to satisfy your sweet tooth and chocolate craving!

I bought barely yellow bananas and let them sit wrapped in a paper bag for 4 days to get them the color below. The riper the banana, the sweeter the cookie. Since these cookies have no sugar, the banana sweetens them. I used semi-sweet chocolate chips, but you could certainly use dark chocolate if you prefer. You must use quick oats. I tried this recipe the first time with regular oats and it was a complete failure.

These are the nutrition facts for 1 cookie, if you make 20 out of the recipe (which is what I got). 

Calories: 56
Fat: 2g
Carbs: 9.5g
Protein: 0.6g


 

 
 
Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yields: 20 cookies
 

Ingredients

2 large bananas, ripe, dark and speckled
1 cup quick oats
1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

In a medium bowl, mash the bananas into a thick paste.

Stir in the quick oats and chocolate chips.

Drop dough (2 T. per cookie) onto ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Allow to cool for 20 minutes then enjoy.

NOTE: I like them best cold, so pop them in the fridge for 15-20!! They taste like chocolate chip banana bread when they come out of the fridge.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment