October 23, 2011

French Silk Pie

Okay, I am not a chocolate person. My mom and sisters always say I pick "non-candy" at the movies/gas stations/etc. I always pick Twizzlers, Skittles, etc. Never chocolate. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate, I just never pick it. Until now. This pie was SO easy to make and even easier to eat! Seriously, 6 ingredients! I will definitely be making this for Thanksgiving next month.

Notes: I filled my pie crust and there was about 1/2 c. extra filling, so I refrigerated the pie and the extra filling for about 2 hours, then once it had set up I added the extra filling on top, making a taller pie. I also used the Cool Whip "Extra Creamy" and used an offset spatula in circular motions to make the design on top.



























French Silk Pie
yields 1  9-inch pie

Ingredients

Pie crust, baked (I used Marie Callendar's deep dish frozen pie crust)

1 cup butter
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
1 tbsp vanilla
4 eggs
pinch of salt
Whipped cream or Cool Whip

Instructions

1. Bake a pie crust or use a refrigerated/frozen crust and make according to package directions.

2. Beat sugar and butter until sugar creamy, appx. 5 minutes. Add cooled chocolate, vanilla and salt. Mix until well combined.

3. Add eggs, two at a time, beating 5 minutes after each addition. Pour into cooled pie crust. Chill 2 hours or until firm. Before serving, top with whipped cream. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment