November 16, 2011

Coconut Cherry Oatmeal Cookies

For years I swore I didn't like onions and now I love them raw on sandwiches, salads, etc.  I keep saying I don't like coconut, but for some reason everything I taste with coconut in it is delicious.... I think my taste buds have changed! I'm all grown up now ;-)

I had some flaked coconut left over from the key lime pie I made a few days ago and I decided to throw it into an oatmeal cookie for Glen. I ate 2 before I gave them to him, but that'll be our secret. Okay?

The recipe says it makes 4 dozen cookies, but I live in Texas and we do everything bigger here. I used a 1/4 cup cookie scoop and got 20 big cookies out of the recipe. When you put the dough balls onto the sheet just BARELY flatten them before putting them in the oven because they do spread quite a bit. Trust me.





Coconut Cherry Oatmeal Cookies
Makes: 4 dozen

INGREDIENTS

2  cups all-purpose flour
1  tablespoon McCormick Ground Cinnamon
1  teaspoon baking soda
¼  teaspoon salt
1  cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
¾  cup firmly packed light-brown sugar
¾  cup granulated sugar
2  eggs
2  teaspoons McCormick Pure Vanilla Extract
  cups dried cherries
1  cup flaked coconut (I just dumped what I had left in the bowl) 
1  cup quick-cooking oats (I used old-fashioned)
1  cup white chocolate chips

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 375°. Whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.

2. With an electric mixer, beat butter and both sugars on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed. Stir in cherries, coconut, oats, and chocolate chips. Drop dough by rounded tablespoons 1½ inches apart onto baking sheets.

3. Bake until lightly browned, 10 to 12 minutes. Cool on baking sheets 1 minute. Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely. Cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature up to 5 days.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment